Sunday, March 11th, 2018
When it comes to the Hollywood style files, I want what Saoirse Ronan is styling. From sheer, shift dresses to structured blazers, this young starlet can do no wrong, on or off the red carpet. I’ve rounded up some key wardrobe staples to recreate her best looks.
Saoirse Ronan at the Lady Bird Premiere Dublin, Santa Barbara Film Festival, Lady Bird Press Conference.
Both demure and positively darling, Saoirse styles a sheer shift dress with an allover strawberry print, totally fitting for her quirky role in Lady Bird. Keeping accessories to a minimal she styles the frock with a pair of pointed suede boots, proving timeless accessories speak volumes on the red carpet.
In a bold move wearing culottes on the red carpet, Saoirse combines the statement pant of the Victorian era with a draping satin blouse. Again, a pointed toe heel makes an appearance, which can be substituted with a pair of mules for a more modern take.
Channeling Coco Chanel in a tweed blazer, decorated with embellished brooches, Saoirse is a vision in this vintage getup. I adore how Saoirse pairs her blazer with a LBM (little black mini). Kudos on those pins girl.
SHOP THE POST:
Wednesday, September 20th, 2017
I don’t mean to alarm you, but there’s only 4 hours until VOSN (Vogue Online Shopping Night) expires! There’s some exciting, shiny web banners detailing some fabulous discounts – and if anyone deserves a treat, it’s you!
There’s no doubt about it, I’ve done my fair share of damage online today, updating my wardrobe with some new season, Spring essentials. I’ve rounded up some fresh little pieces from my favourite retailers who ARE participating in VOSN, so clicky clicky fashionista’s. Happy Shopping!
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017
Fashion Myth: printed pieces don’t have the same stylistic opportunities as block basics. Now that’s certainly not the case for this starry number by Marcs, as I see plenty of versatility to dress up or dress down this piece with just the right accessories. Presenting a quick how to style 1 dress 2 ways, from casual to chic.
Marcs Silk Star Cluster Shirtdress, French Connection Block Swoop Blazer, Oroton Forte Mini Clutch, Larsson & Jennings Lugano Watch, Mimco Perfect Pear Stud, Jo Mercer Candice Dress Heels, Seed Heritage Leather Jacket, Prada Round Sunglasses, French Connection Large Sequin Bucket Bag, Wittner Honesty Ankle Boot, Samantha Wills Heart Wonder Ring, MAC Cosmetics Velvet Teddy Lipstick.
1. Dress down the elaborate print of this piece with the ultimate “cool girl” accessory – a buttery, leather jacket. I tend to favour a cropped cut as it appears more feminine when layered over your favourite shift dress.
2. Team with a pair of ankle boots, like these Wittner booties. Never have I seen a more practical purchase with it’s sensible, stacked, block heel – perfect for endless roaming and shopping.
3. A bucket bag is the perfect choice for day to day wear, allowing for effortless storage possibilities and a cool, sling over your shoulder statement.
4. Accessories are best kept simple, understated with a touch of glam. There’s nothing I love more than a statement, stone ring like this Samantha Wills find, teamed with a pair of luxe Prada shades.
1. A tailored blazer is the perfect way to layer this frock, whilst evaluating to chic status. I’m loving styles that offer a little extra length like this French Connection find. Not to mention, the lapels offer an elegant touch.
2. Swap the booties for a cleaner style, like a sleek Mary Jane in suede.
3. Emphasise the metallic strands throughout this dress with a matching, metallic clutch. This mini Oroton clutch is the perfect little accessory for a fabulous night out with the girls, storing your essential makeup items for sneaky touch ups, phone, keys and keycard. As George Gershwin once sung, “who could ask for anything more!”
4. Nothing says ultimate sophistication like a pair of pear shaped, crystal studs and naturally, Mimco is delivering the goods! Team with a classic time piece, like this Larsson & Jennings mesh strap watch.
SHOP THE POST:
Tuesday, February 21st, 2017
Do you ever find yourself questioning what a smart casual dress code entails? Well ladies, you are not alone, as I too have stumbled when styling this specific ensemble. A birthday brunch, an engagement soiree, an anniversary with the bae – the stylistic tone remains the same, favouring chic, clean lines and classic accessories. To make things easier, I’m sharing my Top 7 Pieces For Your Smart Casual Wardrobe.
French Connection Mozart Knit 2IN1, Witchery Side Panel Joggers, Lack of Color Ivory Fedora, Loeffler Randall Winnie Tassel Slippers, Samantha Wills Jasmine & Fleetwood Drop Earrings, Furla Bubble Keyring Moonstone, Mimco Supermicra Pouch.
Cigarette, capri or joggers – I believe any fabulous female should always have a crisp, tailored pant at the ready. Look for neutral colours that will provide versatility with the rest of your wardrobe. I absolutely love these ivory panelled joggers as they are simple yet chic, perfect for a relaxed outdoor setting, or an intimate dinner with riverside views.
This item is the perfect transeasonal piece, to be worn by itself in the warmer months and layered delicately in winter. This French Connection piece is a fabulous combination of sexy and sophisticated, with it’s classic high neckline and split back detail with sheer panelling. Not to mention, it’s black so it will go with everything in your wardrobe!
Because a tote is not always practical for those cheeky Espresso Martini’s in a crowded riverside bar. Metallics help to elevate even the most neutral colour palette, taking you from desk to dance floor in seconds.
Comfortable and totally on trend, a girl needs a pair of loafers as part of her shoe-robe and who can resist these metallic, tasseled slippers? If Cinderella had a pair of these perhaps she wouldn’t have needed to leave the ball so promptly, amiright?
I recently found myself at a spectacular little picnic for the launch of UberEATS. Relaxed setting – tick! Delicious treats – tick! Chic, casual style – tick! The only thing that was missing, was a classic hat like this effortless Lack of Color Fedora. Need I remind you how fabulous Amal Clooney looks in a hat? Inspo!
There’s nothing quite so sophisticated as a statement drop earring, especially when paired with an effortless nape of the neck hairstyle. Samantha Wills is delivering the goods with this simple pearl design and rose gold hardware. Divine!
Perhaps the cheekiest little accessory you’ll ever own! I’ve just added my third bag pom to my collection (thank you Ted Baker) and I’m not about to stop until I own one in every pastel colour! Adding just the right amount of playfulness to an outfit, a bag pom highlights a flair for accessorising – talk about goals!
SHOP THE POST: