Tuesday, April 11th, 2017
Fashion Myth: printed pieces don’t have the same stylistic opportunities as block basics. Now that’s certainly not the case for this starry number by Marcs, as I see plenty of versatility to dress up or dress down this piece with just the right accessories. Presenting a quick how to style 1 dress 2 ways, from casual to chic.
Marcs Silk Star Cluster Shirtdress, French Connection Block Swoop Blazer, Oroton Forte Mini Clutch, Larsson & Jennings Lugano Watch, Mimco Perfect Pear Stud, Jo Mercer Candice Dress Heels, Seed Heritage Leather Jacket, Prada Round Sunglasses, French Connection Large Sequin Bucket Bag, Wittner Honesty Ankle Boot, Samantha Wills Heart Wonder Ring, MAC Cosmetics Velvet Teddy Lipstick.
1. Dress down the elaborate print of this piece with the ultimate “cool girl” accessory – a buttery, leather jacket. I tend to favour a cropped cut as it appears more feminine when layered over your favourite shift dress.
2. Team with a pair of ankle boots, like these Wittner booties. Never have I seen a more practical purchase with it’s sensible, stacked, block heel – perfect for endless roaming and shopping.
3. A bucket bag is the perfect choice for day to day wear, allowing for effortless storage possibilities and a cool, sling over your shoulder statement.
4. Accessories are best kept simple, understated with a touch of glam. There’s nothing I love more than a statement, stone ring like this Samantha Wills find, teamed with a pair of luxe Prada shades.
1. A tailored blazer is the perfect way to layer this frock, whilst evaluating to chic status. I’m loving styles that offer a little extra length like this French Connection find. Not to mention, the lapels offer an elegant touch.
2. Swap the booties for a cleaner style, like a sleek Mary Jane in suede.
3. Emphasise the metallic strands throughout this dress with a matching, metallic clutch. This mini Oroton clutch is the perfect little accessory for a fabulous night out with the girls, storing your essential makeup items for sneaky touch ups, phone, keys and keycard. As George Gershwin once sung, “who could ask for anything more!”
4. Nothing says ultimate sophistication like a pair of pear shaped, crystal studs and naturally, Mimco is delivering the goods! Team with a classic time piece, like this Larsson & Jennings mesh strap watch.
SHOP THE POST: